In April 2012, staff members of Milwaukee Eye Care attended the annual American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS) Symposium in Chicago, Illinois. Each year, this group combines their program with the American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators (ASOA) Congress and the ophthalmic Technicians & Nurses Program.
This event is recognized as the most widely attended educational ophthalmic meeting in the world. There were over 12,000 participants this year (over 7,000 attendees and over 5,000 exhibitors) this year exploring all aspects of ophthalmology from practice administration to medical care. Some of the topics presented include (but are not limited to):
- The newest and most advanced surgical techniques
- The most innovative surgical instruments and machines
- Cutting edge ophthalmic medications
- The best administrative practices
- The newest and best ophthalmic computer software available
- Helpful information regarding staff management
- Technical skill set training
- Legal coding and regulatory guideline updates
- Pearls for how to best educate patients on medical ocular treatments
- Expert surgical panel discussions
- Tips for improvement of patient experience and care
Both Aaron Holtebeck, MD and Arvind Saini, MD attended this year joined by five other Milwaukee Eye Care staff members. Many aspects of Milwaukee Eye Care are impacted by the information gathered at this annual meeting. Our employees are both honored to attend and appreciative of the educational value.
Through continuing education, Milwaukee Eye Care strives to improve upon professionalism, practice management, and the services we offer. We look forward to utilizing this successful opportunity and better serving our patients in the future.