COVID-19 Protocols and Changes – Information for our patients
We are resuming all routine and medical eye services and elective surgeries. However, we know that the threat of COVID-19 remains in the community and we want you to know that your safety is our top priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we implemented changes to our protocol to protect our patients and our team. We based these changes on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American College of Surgeons. Our call center and office hours are 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. We will continue to have on-call doctor coverage 24 hours a day for emergencies. Please call our office to schedule your eye exam.
We have resumed scheduling surgical procedures.
Please call your pharmacy if you need medication refills. Your pharmacy will contact us to allow refills.
If you are receiving intravitreal therapy, or eye injections, for an eye condition such as macular degeneration or diabetes, we consider your visit necessary and encourage you to keep your appointment. Failure to receive treatment may cause vision loss. We are taking additional precautions to ensure your safety during your visit. We outline these protocols below.
You can find further information about the necessity of your eye injections during the pandemic ct the American Academy of Ophthalmology: https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-prevention/coronavirus-macular-degeneration-avastin-injection
If you are experiencing an eye emergency, please call 414-271-2020 and one of our staff members will assist you. We are offering telehealth visits for some urgent issues, while other urgent problems may require an in-office visit. Further information on our telehealth services is provided below.
We are still filling contact lens orders. Please click here to start your order. Most orders will be eligible for free shipping. If you are using your vision insurance benefits for your order, please call 414-271-2020. Be prepared to give our staff your vision insurance and payment information for any remaining balance. Orders may also take longer than normal to process. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Hours of Operation
We are open Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm. Our call center will also be open Monday – Friday, and we will continue to have on-call doctor coverage 24 hours a day for emergencies.
The following protocols are in effect at our offices for all patient appointments
- All patients and staff members are screened for respiratory symptoms and COVID-19 exposure upon arrival
- We are limiting guests in our facilities and practicing social distancing. Unless medically necessary, we ask that your guest waits in the car.
- All providers and staff will wear masks and practicing vigorous hand hygiene throughout your visit.
- Please wear a mask or face covering during your visit. The CDC website provides guidance regarding the use of cloth face coverings below:
- Dr. Mackenzie Sward demonstrates how to properly wear and remove face coverings and gloves:
- All rooms and equipment are sterilized above and beyond our normal procedures between every patient
- We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are unable to provide care for patients who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 infection. In the event of a true eye emergency, we will direct you to an emergency facility equipped to provide treatment for those infected with COVID-19.
- Patient paperwork is available on our website. We encourage you to fill out paperwork before your visit. If you’re unable to do so we ask you bring your own pen to your visit.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time. We will all get through this by working together. Stay safe & healthy, Milwaukee!
For a reliable source of the most up to date information on COVID-19 please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/