Milwaukee Eye Care has been helping you see clearly since 1933. We were the first eye care practice in Milwaukee and continue to provide the same high quality services you have come to expect. That’s how we remain your vision care leaders.
Interested in working with Milwaukee Eye Care? Learn More about our current job opportunities below:
Milwaukee Eye Care is seeking a full-time highly motivated, friendly, and energetic Optician to join our team! Candidates must have reliable transportation and willing to travel to all of our four (4) locations in the metro Milwaukee area. Once trained, this position will be for our Bayside office location.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Experience in all things Optical! You consider yourself a jack-of-all-trades. You excel at helping your patients find glasses that suit their needs and know all the latest frame styles. You are up to date on latest lens technology. You’re proficient in minor repairs but aren’t afraid to tackle the occasional “I stepped on my glasses” situation.
- You are able to work independently but can also be a great team player when needed.
- You get that vision plans are hard to understand but use your expert knowledge to help patients utilize their benefits (knowledge of VSP and Eyemed a huge plus!).
- You’re a great communicator-you love sharing your knowledge with patients to help them select the perfect pair of glasses.
- You have proficient computer skills and are able to navigate through various online insurance and ordering portals with ease.
Full-Time Ophthalmic Technician
The successful candidate will test and measure eye function to assist the ophthalmologists/optometrists to diagnose and treat eye disorders and disease. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic and professional demeanor. The ideal candidate will also have a strong desire to learn and succeed; ongoing learning is an important part of the job, and we support both in clinic and ongoing educational training. Candidates must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to all four locations in the metro Milwaukee area.
Daily tasks will include:
- Testing patient’s far & near acuity
- Peripheral vision, depth perception, and color perception
- Test patient’s field of vision for defects
- Examines eye
- Performs other tests and measurements as requested by the physician.
Full-Time Customer Service Representative
Our Customer Services Representatives are responsible for greeting our patients and getting their information updated as well as following up at the end of their visit to schedule follow up appointments and collect payments. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Patient registration
- Appointment scheduling
- Charge entry, payment posting, batch balancing and cash handling
- Working independently in a fast paced environment
- Obtaining patient demographics and insurance information
- File maintenance
- All aspects of front desk/receptionist duties
- Other tasks as assigned.
The medical customer service representative is highly visible with extensive patient contact requiring a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. This position must understand the importance of maintaining patient privacy and following all policies and procedures related to HIPAA. Ideal applicant must have excellent customer service skills; previous customer service/receptionist experience in a medical setting preferred (3-5+ years), computer/keyboarding skills required to ensure accurate data entry, and excellent face-to-face, telephone, and written communication skills. Attention to detail is essential. Applicant must be flexible and willing to travel between 4 offices. Ophthalmology or Optometry experience preferred.
Milwaukee Eye Care offers an excellent benefit package including Health/Dental Insurance, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday 8am-5pm (never work a night or weekend again!)