Milwaukee Eye Care has been helping you see clearly since 1933. We were the first eye care practice in Milwaukee and continue to provide the same high quality services you have come to expect. That’s how we remain your vision care leaders.
Interested in working with Milwaukee Eye Care? Learn More about our current job opportunities below:
Milwaukee Eye Care is seeking a full-time highly motivated, friendly, and energetic Optician to join our team! Candidates must have reliable transportation and willing to travel to all of our four (4) locations in the metro Milwaukee area. Once trained, this position will be for our Bayside office location.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Experience in all things Optical! You consider yourself a jack-of-all-trades. You excel at helping your patients find glasses that suit their needs and know all the latest frame styles. You are up to date on latest lens technology. You’re proficient in minor repairs but aren’t afraid to tackle the occasional “I stepped on my glasses” situation.
- You are able to work independently but can also be a great team player when needed.
- You get that vision plans are hard to understand but use your expert knowledge to help patients utilize their benefits (knowledge of VSP and Eyemed a huge plus!).
- You’re a great communicator-you love sharing your knowledge with patients to help them select the perfect pair of glasses.
- You have proficient computer skills and are able to navigate through various online insurance and ordering portals with ease.
Full-Time Surgical Coordinator
The surgical coordinator is responsible for all aspects of surgical scheduling and counseling either by phone or during clinic. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Scheduling surgical
- Surgical counseling
- Insurance verification and pre-certification
- Obtaining consent forms
- Collecting payment for out-of-pocket procedures
- Electronic prescription processing
- File maintenance
- Entering surgical charges
- Other tasks as assigned
The surgical coordinator is highly visible with extensive patient contact requiring a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. This position must understand the importance of maintaining patient privacy and following all policies and procedures related to HIPAA.
Ideal applicant must have excellent customer service skills; previous customer service/receptionist experience in a medical setting preferred (3-5+ years), computer/keyboarding skills required to ensure accurate data entry, and excellent face-to-face, telephone, and written communication skills. Attention to detail is essential. Applicant must be flexible and willing to travel between 4 offices. Ophthalmology or Optometry experience preferred.
Milwaukee Eye Care offers an excellent benefit package including Health/Dental Insurance, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday 8am-5pm (never work a night or weekend again!)