Payment for Services and Products that are Not Covered by Insurance
LASIK and PRK:
Our LASIK and PRK Package Includes:
- A comprehensive eye examination.
- Pre-operative and post-operative medications and drops, when available.
- Laser vision correction procedure.
- Post-operative visits for up to 12 months.
Cataract Surgery with Astigmatism Correction or Lifestyle Lens Implants:
Most health insurances cover cataract surgery with a single focus lens implant under medical outpatient benefits. However, health insurances do not cover astigmatism correction or Lifestyle lens implants such as: Toric IOLs, LRI procedures, Symfony IOLs, ReSTOR IOLs, Tecnis Multi-Focal IOLs, and Crystalens IOLs.
A policy change by Medicare and most insurers in 2005 allows patients having cataract surgery the option of electing to pay out of pocket to reduce dependency upon glasses after surgery while still offering coverage for the medical portions of the procedure. Patients who elect to correct their astigmatism and/or improve their range of vision will be paying the difference in cost for these life-changing options.
These packages vary in price and include different services.
Payment Options for these Non-Covered Procedures Include:
- Financing – SEE BELOW
- Cash, Cashier’s or Certified Check, Money Order, MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)- Money must be allocated the same year as the procedure.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Note: Payments must be received one week prior to surgery. If paying with a personal check, payment must be received two weeks prior to surgery.
Financing your Vision Correction Procedure using Wells Fargo
Milwaukee Eye Care offers two convenient financing options through Wells Fargo for non-covered surgical procedures and eyeglasses.
- Zero Interest Financing Options for 6,12 or 18 months**
- Longer Term Financing Options for 24, 36, 48 or 60 months**
There is an easier way to pay for your vision care including LASIK. We’re pleased to accept the Wells Fargo Health Advantage® credit card**. Wells Fargo lets you begin your procedure immediately — then pay for it over time with monthly payments that fit easily into your monthly budget. Whether you’re considering LASIK, Lifestyle IOLs with cataract surgery, or it’s simply time for new glasses, Wells Fargo can help you see clearer, sooner.
**The Wells Fargo Health Advantage® credit card is issued with approved credit by Wells Fargo Financial National Bank. Ask for details.
Click here to apply.