Rate Us
Milwaukee Eye Care Associates - Facebook Milwaukee Eye Care Associates - Twitter Milwaukee Eye Care Associates - Instagram Milwaukee Eye Care Associates - YouTube Milwaukee Eye Care Associates - Blog

BaysideBrookfieldFranklinMilwaukee 414.271.2020

3D Eye Online

About Us

MILWAUKEE EYE CARE ASSOCIATES, S.C.

History

MILWAUKEE EYE CARE ASSOCIATES, S.C.The Milwaukee East Side office building, located at 1684 N. Prospect Ave., was constructed in the 1880’s as a private residence overlooking Lake Michigan. It continued to be a private home until the 1940’s.

In 1946 Dr. Raymond Warner purchased the building. After extensive remodeling, Dr. Warner opened an eye clinic in early 1947. The building has been used for eye care since that time.

Trained as an Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat specialist at the University of Michigan, Dr. Warner was the first physician in eastern Wisconsin to limit his practice to care and treatment of eyes beginning in 1933. He specialized in the surgical treatment of strabismus in children and cataract surgery.

Optometrist, Dr. Charles Ries joined Dr. Warner’s practice in 1956. In 1974 Dr. Ries limited his practice to contact lenses and continued to practice here until his retirement in December of 2014.

Other ophthalmologists practicing at the Milwaukee East Side location through the years included, Dr. Anton Dorn and Dr. Ralph Teitgen.

Dr. Peter Foote joined the practice in 1983 following completion of his ophthalmology training at the University of Wisconsin Medical School in Madison.

He now owns the historical building and is the co-owner and Medical Director of Milwaukee Eye Care Associates. He has since added locations in Bayside, Brookfield and Franklin. Dr. Foote specializes in cataract surgery and LASIK, as well as other surgical refractive procedures. He and his associates provide comprehensive eye care services to thousands of Milwaukee area residents. 

+ -