Summer is finally here!!!! I am sure, like me, you are enjoying the sunshine and soaking up as much as you can get! With the start of summer we are naturally outside more, with all the festivals, outdoor eating and lazy strolls through the park. With these wonderful things happening in our lives, we should remember to keep the following items with us:
1. Polarized/UVA-UVB Sunglasses. Whether they are prescription sunglasses you bought at Milwaukee Eye Care or a pair you purchased from Target, make sure they have UVA/UVB protection. The tissues inside and the skin around your eyes are very delicate, so make sure you protect them from possible sun damage with UV-blocking sunglasses.
2. Eye drops. I don’t know about you, but allergy season is in full force for me and that means uncomforable eyes. Carrying around a small bottle of eye drops will take up little space in your purse or pocket and can be a life saver when you are trying to enjoy the outdoors! Artificial tears help to rinse and lubricate the eyes, and will alleviate irritation due to sun and wind exposure as well as minor allergy symptoms. Moderate to severe allergies may require an antihistamine.
3. Sunscreen. Our skin is our largest organ; make sure to protect it from the harsh rays of the sun with sunblock.
4. Insect repellent. My least favorite part of summer is the bugs, mosquitos in particular. They love me! I always make sure to have a can of bug repellent with me to spray as needed, nothing worse than missing the fireworks because you are too busy swatting those guys away!
5. Water. The weather forecasters are saying that it will be a hot summer! ( I hope so!) Make sure you keep hydrated!